SDG 15 : Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
Offsetting 15% of Azerion’s carbon emissions in 2019 and additional 21% in 2020.
Azerion leaves a carbon footprint behind and the more we grow the bigger our carbon emissions will get. We need to pay attention by reducing our footprint first but moreover we are going to compensate our emissions with your Cherry Tree orchard by planting trees!
Planting new cherry tree on arid and degraded land positively impacts both people and planet:
- Absorb CO2 emissions
- Lower the earth’s temperature
- Build healthy soils
- Restore groundwater
- Prevent soil erosion and flash flooding
- Provide local community with employment opportunities & business
- Increase safety and happiness
Location: Bahadin, Turkey
- In 2019 & 2020, 114 decares 10.000 seedlings
- 1 single tree provides the daily oxygen supply for 4 people
- 1.6 Billion people on earth rely on forests for their livelihood
- 48 pounds of CO2 is absorbed by a mature tree every year
- 15% of all greenhouse gas emissions are the result of deforestation
- 12 Local Jobs were created
- 114 hectares of degraded land will be filled with trees
- 8000 ton of carbon will be captured over 20 years.